July 30, 2012

Happy Monday!

I'm having mixed feelings about this Monday so far. It started off badly because a) its Monday. S and I had a little tiff over the weekend and although it all turned out just find, he called me this morning to tell me that he's been beating himself up over it all morning and that he feels bad and apologized again and again. It makes me feel good to know that he realizes his mistakes and I'm so glad that we can talk things out. Unfortunately, as I was on the phone with him having this conversation (we were both at work), my boss proceeds to come into my cubicle and stand next to me looking over a couple contracts that I left for her on my desk. Now, if you saw that someone was on a phone call and you can clearly see that they only have a little 6x6 cube of space to themselves, what makes you think that it is okay to stand over them while they are on a phone call???!!??!?! OMG. I'm so done trying to justify her behavior and pretend like everything is okay. I.am.so.over.it.

Note: I'm sorry, I try to keep everything in my blog very upbeat, but I was just astonished at this behavior. I was seriously on the verge of writing her a very nasty email about personal space, but I decided I would rather not fuel the fire. She is a nasty person as it is and she doesn't need anything, especially in writing, to use against me. Instead, I will use it to fuel my fire in getting a new job.

Which leads me to two new and exciting things! First, I have an interview at the Citadel (Military College of South Carolina), for Admissions Counselor on Wednesay, YAY! PRAY FOR ME. Haha, I need it! Although I think it will be a great seeing as to how I have worked in Admissions at two different colleges and am working at a third right now :)

Second: I had a meeting today with the Volunteer Coordinator at the Fleet & Family Support Center to talk about volunteer opporunities. I've thought about getting involved in with volunteering in the past, but never really did anything about it. But, since I am on the hunt for a new jobby job, I decided what better time to get involved? I know it will look kick-ass on my resume and it will be a great way to learn about Navy life. To make a long story short, I accidentally emailed the Volunteer Coordinator's boss's boss and she saw to it that I got contacted haha. Oops! I so did not mean to do that, I was literally just looking for someone, anyyyyone who I thought might be able to help me learn about volunteer opportunities.

Erin, the VC, said that they don't normally invite significant others in unless they are spouses, but they do make exceptions and apparently I am an exception! I am okay with that. Since I have both my bachelor's and master's degrees and a background in Higher Education, she was very interested in my background and very happy to meet with me. She also mentioned that the woman who oversees their Education and Scholarship area had an assistant who JUST retired this year and she said that she was going to pass my information and resume on to her. Score! She said that she is pretty sure that they are looking to bring in 2 people, but she wasn't making any promises. I am okay with that, but wow! How nice of her to think of me for that! I would absolutely love to work on base, that would be super convenient and a great way to get my foot in the door for the future.

She also said that it is good to get involved because although the FFCC has a very small staff, they do tend to hire their volunteers or recommend them for employement in other areas on base. She also invited me to come to Military Spouse 101 in a couple weeks to learn about all the services offered to families on base. I really couldn't believe how nice this woman was to me. I really wasn't sure how I would be treated since I am not officially a spouse.

SO that has been my day so far. We had a little bit of a rough weekend, but it has all been smoothed out by now. Here are a few pics that highlight the funner parts ;)

We floated down the Edisto River on Satuday for a friend's birthday. There are no rapids and its actually very shallow in some parts yet over our heads in others. It was a really fun, beautiful day. This is was South Carolinians do for fun :p



Lots of drunk peeps!

S


Me, S, friend Kt

S and I <3

Meeee :)


The end.


No comments:

 
Blogging tips