November 12, 2012

Weekend Update.

Cheers to another week and the start of my birthday week! I can't wait to have lunch today at Lowcountry Bistro with a couple girls from my old job. I'm looking forward to getting outside on this beautiful day.

Hope everyone had a great weekend. Ours was both fun and relaxing. Friday after work, I made a stop at Hobby Lobby. Can someone please tell me how I had never been there prior to Friday??!?! It's a good thing it's not that close and certainly not on my way home from work because I can see how one can easily drop a LOT of money in there. I couldn't get over the size of the place!

The reason for the stop was to pick up some supplies to make a "redneck wine glass" for a friend who's wedding celebration we were attending on Saturday. I originally thought to just buy one that was already made, but I thought it would be cheaper (not that they are that expensive to begin with) and more fun/personal if I made it myself. It worked out great and I was able to pick up all the materials in one place.

The celebration was for our friends TJ and Braiden and they had a very low-key wedding ceremony on Friday afternoon with only immediate family. They decided to have a cookout on Saturday afternoon to celebrate and were not expecting gifts (hence the low-budgetness of my gift). I just knew Braiden would love the wine glass though, the tackier the better :) My only regret was that I didn't do it Gamecock garnet and black. Here's how it turned out!




(Don't mind the tape, I had that on there to keep it in place while the adhesive set.)

It was fairly easy to make and I had a great time doing it. I was a little apprehensive about the adhesive that I used, which stated it was specifically for adhering glass on glass, but we'll see. I will be mortified if she tells me it came apart.

After a late breakfast we spent the better part of Saturday at the "reception" and didn't get home until late. Sunday was a pretty uneventful day. We ordered brunch takeout from Heart in James Island and it was delish as always. We bummed around and watched football all day then ended with Thai takeout for dinner (I hate cooking on the weekends).

So here we are, back to Monday and hoping for a great week. I am attending a workshop at another Charleston-area university on Thursday then we are leaving immediately after for Tennessee for S's brother's wedding (the one that is taking place on my actual birthday). Hope my dresses from Rent the Runway come in on time!

Lastly, I put in my order for dresses for the Navy Chrismas party which will be held at the SC Aquarium this year. I am very, very much looking forward to it. Here is the dress and backup dress that I decided on for the event :)


{via}
{via}

It's not so much that one is "the" one and one is the backup, it's just a matter of whichever one fits better. I have gold Badgley Mischka strappy sandals to wear with the red dress and black bedazzled Nine West peep toe pumps to wear with the black one. Can't wait to get them and try them out, I'm also crossing my fingers that since it's a little more than 2.5 weeks away, I might lose a few more pounds and then I will really be feeling great :)


3 comments:

smug princess said...

I think the wine glass looks great. You did a wonderful job.

Those dresses are both adorable. I'm glad you're going with a short dress, too. I'm trying to figure out if I should wear nylons or what because my legs are ghostly white!!! Maybe I'll slowly start with some self tanner, IDK! I don't want to look like a ghost! I also don't know which shoes I'm going to wear. I have a pair of silver heels I wore for a wedding and black heels. I just don't know. I don't want to look pasty in black. I want your tan!!!

The Better Belle Project said...

Love your new header! It's adorable... your sailor's hat is much cuter than my boyfriend's AF one! haha

i'm loving that red dress, but I'm sure you'll look gorgeous in either!

Anonymous said...

Cute dresses!

 
Blogging tips