January 10, 2013

2012 in Review, Part 2!

Hey y'all, sorry today's post is kind of late. I've actually been trying to do some work today at work ;)


Here is a summary of July - December 2012 ~ Enjoy!



July
 
In July, we spend LOTS more time boating on the lake....Went on my first float on the Edisto River (yes, we did drink PBR floating down a river on an air mattress, classy)....Watched a lot of fireworks and hung out with some friends on their awesome property in Cottageville on the Edisto.




August
In August, we went to the PGA Championship at the Ocean Course on Kiawah Island and did even more boating/ sailing on the lake.




September
In September, we met up with S's family in North Carolina over Labor Day weekend, we did lots of hiking in Pisgah National Forest, saw lots of waterfalls, and visited Sliding Rock (so much fun!!)....At the end of the month, we traveled to Port St. Lucie, FL to visit my mom and dad at their new vacation house then made our way over to Naples to visit S's cousin, John for a few days before heading back to Charleston.





October
 
In October, we did a lot of fishing....Took yet another trip to Kentucky....Got to attend the fall meet at Keeneland....Picked up and brought home the cutest little pup that ever existed, our Gunner!



November
In November, we took yet another trip, this time to Gatlinburg, TN where we celebrated my birthday and S's brother got married.....Gunner went to his first oyster roast.....S and I attended his work Christmas party (so did Lindsey!)



December
In December, we went to the Christmas parade in downtown Charleston and brought Gunner along, too....I went home to CT for 16 days and got to have a white Christmas!.....Spent a nice day in NYC with my bestie, Betsey....S came to CT where we got to celebrate New Year's together....Also in December, Charleston and I celebrated our TWO year anniversary together and Lindsey had her baby!!! I'm so happy I got to be a part of it, even in some little, tiny way :)


All in all, I have to say that 2012 was a pretty good year looking back. We had a LOT of fun, as we always do. I couldn't have asked to have met a more perfect man in a more perfect time and a perfect city. I'm looking forward to putting the downfalls of last year behind me and trucking on into a new fabulous year! Even though last year was great, I'm hoping this year will be one for the record books with many exciting announcements ;) Fingers crossed!






5 comments:

Jen said...

Gunner is so cute! :)

Meg said...

Heeeeyy some of those photos look familiar! And OMG I CANNOT BELIEVE YOU WENT TO KIAWAH!!! What an experience! Are you or S golfers?? (Can't remember if I've asked you before, sorry)

whit | Black Little Button blog said...

I agree with Jen. Gunner is supper cute!!!
-wHiT

The Better Belle Project said...

What a great year! I can't wait to be over on the east coast and to be able to hit up all the places you mentioned!

Laura Rahel said...

So excited to have found your blog and am now following :)
I live in Hampton Roads, Va so military lifestyle is very much a part of what I know and live.
And Im excited for you, anticipating some exciting announcements in 2013, those kind of things make me happy!

 
Blogging tips