January 11, 2013

Fitness Friday!!

Happy Fitness Friday everyone and TGIF!


Honor Courage Commitment




How has your first full week of 2013 been? Hopefully most of you who have made resolutions to be healthy and get back in shape haven't fallen off the wagon yet. We are just getting started!

This week has been a little stressful for me in a couple different ways so I'm going to go ahead and admit that I haven't been the best myself. Today is the first day that I've been feeling better after fighting a pretty nasty cold, but I am looking forward to weather in the 70s for the next week and I am excited to get back out there!

I have some exciting news today - Lindsay AKA "Lins", from Domesticated Working Woman, contacted me recently and expressed an interest in co-hosting Fitness Friday. Who am I to turn down an opportunity to get the word out and hook up with someone else who is as excited about Fitness Friday as I am?! So here were are and make sure to pop on over to Lindsay's blog, too, to say "hello!"


Yesterday I was perusing Pinterest for some healthy recipes and came across a blog that my girl Elizabeth over at The Better Belle Project pinned (I also stole a bunch of her recipes hehe.)

The blog is:
Taralynn has such an inspirational story and features lots of healthy eating tips and recipes. This girl knows what she's talking about and has a LOT of dedication. I'm going to have to remind myself to read her story every time I need a boost in my own motivation!

I also picked out some great recipes for next week's dinners, some old and some new. Pinterest never fails me. I'm planning for: 

Chicken Parm Burgers (minus the bread and with a salad)

Sausage Stuffed Zucchini Boats

Smokey Corn Chowder with Shrimp

Garlic & Brown Sugar Salmon (shown here w/ chicken)

and Bourbon St. Chicken. 


Hope everyone has a wonderful Friday and a super fun weekend! As I mentioned before, we are grabbing dinner and seeing Blue Man Group on Saturday with friends and on Sunday, we are meeting up with S's parents to do a puppy swap and get Gunner back (he's been in Kentucky since before Christmas because of our traveling), I'm soooo excited to see his cute little face! I'm sure I'll probably just be amazed at how much he's grown over the past few weeks.

Does anyone have anything fun and exciting planned for this weekend??

8 comments:

Dabbling in Dixie said...

Looks so yummy! I need to jump on the fitness bandwagon... the gym and I are about to be bff ;)

Misty Marie said...

Thanks for hosting! I have a fit Friday link up too hahaha! Your blog is too cute! Looking forward to reading more!!!

smug princess said...

I'm glad you're feeling better. That means we need to plan on getting together. I know you have a busy weekend so let me know when works for you. Miss your face!

Rach said...

Those are some delicious looking pins, friend!

The Better Belle Project said...

So glad you liked some of those pins! Now it's just a matter of actually making them lol

Enjoy having Gunner back, I know how excited I was to see Roxy after being away for two weeks :)

The Better Belle Project said...

Also, I FINALLY created my button! I added yours to my blog, would you mind adding me to your's? :)

Lindsay Erin said...

Hey girlfriend! I nominated you for a Liebster Award - check out my post so you can see what its about!

Whitney said...

Great ideas! Thanks for sharing! Jumping on the fitness and healthy eating bandwagon (that everyone does at the start of a new year)! Great blog, now following! Would love if you checked out mine!

Whitney
michaelandwhitneyweekes.blogspot.com

 
Blogging tips