April 30, 2013

**What I'm Loving Lately, Part 1: Skincare**

I love when other bloggers talk about their favorite skincare/ beauty products because I'm not the most adventurous person when it comes to buying new things. I love hearing reviews of new products that I probably would have never heard of otherwise (I also have Birchbox to thank for introducing me to new products :)

On that note, I decided to share some of my favorite products that I use on the daily.

My skincare regimen is fairy simple. I don't really wear makeup for the most part (usually only on special occasions), but I like that because it's a little something special for times like date nights, balls, weddings, etc. that I normally don't use otherwise. S says that when I wear makeup, it's like the icing on the cupcake (he knows me well, I love cupcakes!)

Step 1:

 When I'm on a budget, like right now, I tend to stick to using a inexpensive yet quality facewash. Currently I'm using Clean & Clear Morning Burst Fruit Infusions Hydrating Cleanser in Pineapple (yum!) I tend to change cleansers pretty frequently so since I'm almost out, it will probably be something different next time!

Steal


Splurge


I'm not a fan of facial cleansers that don't foam up because I don't feel like my face is getting as clean (I know, weird..) This foaming facial cleanser from Clinique is perfect, but a little more pricey.

 
Another "splurge" product that I love is the Pineapple Papaya Facial Scrub by Kiehls. This scrub is pretty gentle, however, I would normally only use it 2-3 times per week.


Step 2:
When it comes to the next couple steps, I tend to splurge every.single.time. I don't feel like I need to justify my purchases here. I wasn't always a believer of toner until I got a sample of this a while back with a Clinique gift set. I was nervous that it would dry out my skin, which was already on the dry side.

I actually found that this clarifying lotion (aka toner) worked wonders on my skin! It helps remove any extra dirt/ oil/ flakiness from your face after washing, but before moisturizing. I couldn't believe how much smoother and softer my skin felt after using this product.

Step 3:


I don't use this product every day, but if I'm feeling particularly tired or have some puffiness/ dark circles under my eyes, this is my best weapon. Another item that I received a sample of with a gift set that I have grown to love.


Step 4:

I would have put this product first because it is my number one favorite beauty product ever, however, I wanted to try and stay in order. I don't care whether I'm on a budget or not, I always splurge for Clinique's Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion.




I'm not trying to toot my own horn here, but people often tell me that I do not look my age. I am proud to say that I am 31 and don't look a day over 25/26? Lol I owe it to Clinique. I honestly think that the most effective way to stay looking young besides good genes is to use a really good moisturizer. My skin is mostly normal to dry, however, I do experience some oiliness on occasion. For those who have oily skin, Clinique also makes this same product in a moisturizing gel to help control the oil factor.


This is normally where I stop, however, if I'm headed out for a night on the town or feeling extra girly, the next few products are more of my faves.

For the perfect smokey eye:
Starry-Eyed Baked Eyeshadow Trio by Lorac in Evening Star or Superstar


For a bit of sparkle..
bareMinerals Glimmer in Nude Beach

Steal

Cover Girl Lash Blast in Very Black

Splurge
Clinique High Impact Mascara in Brightening Black

And last, but not least, if you haven't figured it out already..... another Clnique product!
Clnique's Superbalm Moisturizing Gloss


So, there you have it! I will save hair products for another day ;)

There are a couple products that I am dying to try and would love to hear if anyone has experience with them. First, pretty much any skincare products by Philosophy (Hope in a Jar, Purity, etc.) I've tried their body washes and loved them, of course, who doesn't?!

The second product is...

Phenomen'Eyes Mascara by Givenchy.

I've heard great things and I am so intrigued by that little round brush!


What are some of your favorite beauty/ skincare finds??? Any recommendations?




PS - I'm leaving today after work for Florida until the weekend, but I have some really great guest posts lined up. Hope you all have a great week!

 

5 comments:

The Pink Growl said...

I am a fan of Clinique products, like the toner, moisturizing lotion and I LOVE their mascara!

Lindsay Erin said...

I might need to try #3. Does it make under eye circles less visible?

Rach said...

Thanks for the reviews!

Kerr said...

I love this post! I am the same way with foaming cleanser. If you like Clinique you will probably also like origins foaming wash. That is what I use and I love it. I need the foam too! Also, garner makes a eye rollers you might want to check out and compare to the Clinique. I've never used the Clinique but I like the garner and it is probably a little more budget friendly if you are looking to save a few dollars one month! Garnier is what I was trying to type but my computer won't let me back up and correct it.

Janna Renee said...

I use Clinique's Moisturizing Gel and I LIVE on that stuff. I highly recommend it!

 
Blogging tips