May 7, 2013

A Virtual 5k!

Good morning, hope everyone survived Monday! Although I love going on vacation or going out of town for a few days, it always feels great to come home and get back in the swing of things.

I was soo looking forward to getting back into my gym/ running routine and am happy to say that I banged out a great Body Pump session yesterday after work and am looking forward to a nice long run tonight.

 {Source}

Speaking of running; my girl, Kristine, over at Heart Shaped Sweat, is hosting a new linkup next month - a virtual 5k! I am super excited for this linkup and what better way for people from all over to get to participate in a fitness event together?!


The race will be called the Summer Kickoff 5k and in her words...

"yep, a 5K! It's called a race but there is no winner, no loser. You can walk it. You can run it. You can go solo or gather up friends and family.In the gym or on the streets. Jogging stroller and dogs are permitted :). We just all do it together during the week of June 1st - 7th and then link up all the fun we had doing it! So what do you say?"
 
 
If you are interested in participating, check our her post here, and sign up to get more information. Can't wait!
 
 


7 comments:

Heather said...

What a fun even! I'm in, just signed up. Thanks for sharing, and good luck with your 5k!

Heather Fox said...

I am excited for this too, and thought it was such a great idea!

Lindsay Erin said...

I joined earlier! Can't wait!

Rach said...

How fun!

Kristine -Heart Shaped Sweat said...

oh my goodness! you are so sweet!! I'm excited for us all to do this together, we're gonna rock the 5K :))

Kristen said...

That 5k sounds so fun! I need to be a part of this! Ha

Janna Renee said...

That sounds SO cool! I hope I can participate!

 
Blogging tips