August 25, 2016

Long overdue, but the results are in..

We are pregnant!!

I'm so sorry it's taken me so long to update after our last procedure. So much has happened and it's felt overwhelming to even think about updating my blog, but I think it's about time.

In my last post about our IUI, Shaun had just left for deployment and we still had five more days to go before test day.

On Saturday, March 12, I finally worked up the courage to get out of bed in the morning and pee on a stick. To my surprise, it was POSITIVE! I almost didn't believe it and honestly thought I was reading the test wrong to the point where I had to get the packaging out and read the instructions again (after that amount of tests I had taken up to this point, you would think I'd know for sure, but I couldn't believe my eyes!)

My mom and dad were in town at the time visiting so it was nice to be able to share that news with them right away. Luckily, after Shaun left Hawaii, they had headed straight to Japan so he was in port when I got the news. I was able to call him and tell him, but they were 19 hours ahead of us, which actually put him five hours earlier in the morning than Hawaii time (confusing, I know.) I called him every hour, hoping he would hear his phone and wake up, but I didn't get a call back from him until about 1:00PM Hawaii time. Talk about a long five hours!

He was so happy and the tears started flowing. You don't always realize how much trying to conceive can weigh on your husband, but in that moment, I think I felt the weight lifted off of both of our shoulders. Finally an answer to our prayers!

On Monday, March 14, I went in for a blood draw to test my HCG levels. I finally got a call back the next day and the nurse said that I was definitely pregnant (HCG was 31000!) They scheduled me to come in that Thursday, March 17, for my first ultrasound. 


Our little peanut at 5w3d, measuring ahead from the very beginning at 6w1d.
 

First "bump" photo at 6 weeks.


Tune in tomorrow for our pregnancy announcement! 

2 comments:

The Pink Growl said...

LOVE LOVE this post! so happy for you!!!!

Lisa C said...

I'm so happy for y'all!!

 
Blogging tips